Baseball Blogs Weigh In: D-backs, Bucs, Jays, Yanks, Cards
By Connor Byrne
This week in baseball blogs:
- Call To The Pen observes that the Diamondbacks might have to consider making monumental trades soon.
- The Point of Pittsburgh is frustrated with Pirates general manager Neal Huntington’s refusal to pay the necessary price to acquire White Sox left-hander Jose Quintana.
- BP Toronto checks in on how well members of the Blue Jays barreled the ball in 2016.
- Other League suggests a breakout season could be in the offing for Yankees shortstop Didi Gregorius.
- Inside the ‘Zona analyzes the four-seam fastballs of Diamondbacks righties Taijuan Walker and Archie Bradley.
- The Redbird Daily revisits Cardinals right fielder Stephen Piscotty‘s 2016, which saw his numbers fall off dramatically in late May.
- Pirates Breakdown previews right-hander Jameson Taillon‘s 2017.
- The First Out At Third examines which Brewers are regression candidates.
- Pinstriped Prospects chats with Yankees righty prospect Domingo Acevedo.
- Jays Journal ranks Toronto’s five most interesting players for this year.
- Sports Talk Philly lists five players the Phillies could trade during the season.
- Camden Depot wonders if Orioles righty Dylan Bundy is ready to handle a full season’s workload as a starter.
- NYRDCAST searches for replacements for injured Cardinals righty Alex Reyes.
- Notes from the Sally previews the 2017 Hickory Crawdads, the Rangers’ South Atlantic League affiliate.
- The Runner Sports analyzes which Yankees need to step up in order for the club to compete for a playoff spot.
- Extra Innings: Baseball Around the World interviews former major league infielder/outfielder Mark Teahen about his decision to come out of retirement to play in Italy.
- Clutchlings focuses on prospect-related spring storylines for the Blue Jays.
- Motor City Bengals projects the Tigers’ opening day lineup.
- The Runner Sports (links: 1, 2, 3) analyzes which Yankees need to step up in order for the club to compete for a playoff spot; gives a rundown of the new spring training facility that the Astros and Nationals share; and looks into whether Yankees righty Adam Warren will start this year.
- Mets Daddy opines that the team should use righty Zack Wheeler out of the bullpen.
- Underthought compares Orioles third baseman Manny Machado and Nationals right fielder Bryce Harper.
- Real McCoy Minor News ventures to Giants FanFest.
- District On Deck names five key spring training storylines for the Nationals.
- Think Blue Planning Committee projects the starting rotation for the Dodgers’ Triple-A affiliate.
- Two Strike Approach: A Baseball Podcast discusses the Yankees and Red Sox.
- The K Zone looks back at Nationals second baseman Daniel Murphy‘s breakout 2016.
- MLB451 likens presidents to former major league players and personalities.
- Jays From the Couch argues that left fielder Ezequiel Carrera should not be a platoon option for Toronto.
- Rotisserie Duck names the best defensive players of the 2016 season.
- Call To The Pen (links: 1, 2, 3) breaks down contract-year players who could end up on the block; reviews the NL Central; and details MLB’s non-negotiable ritual.
- Outside Pitch MLB asks if Alex Rodriguez could be the next manager of the Yankees.
Read more here:: mlbtraderumors.com