Baseball Blogs Weigh In: Nats, Yanks, Phillies, Bucs, Jays, O’s, Astros
By Connor Byrne
This week in baseball blogs:
- Now On Deck argues that the Nationals aren’t championship contenders.
- M.C. Antil praises Yankees general manager Brian Cashman for some of the trades he has made over the past year.
- BP Toronto breathes a sigh of relief that the Blue Jays didn’t extend Jose Bautista before last season.
- Big Three Sports ranks the top 50 prospects in baseball.
- Camden Depot analyzes the newest Oriole, catcher Welington Castillo.
- The Point of Pittsburgh explains why the Pirates shouldn’t re-sign free agent right-hander Ivan Nova.
- Sports Talk Philly focuses on the extension the Phillies gave center fielder Odubel Herrera earlier this week.
- Bless You Boys breaks down the Tigers’ quiet winter meetings.
- Outside Pitch MLB doesn’t understand why the White Sox signed left-hander Derek Holland.
- Rotisserie Duck delves into the Win Shares statistic.
- The 3rd Man In interviews LSU right-hander Alex Lange, a potential first-round pick in next year’s draft.
- Pinstriped Prospects chats with Yankees left-handed prospect Josh Rogers.
- NYRDCAST assesses the Cardinals’ offseason so far.
- Off The Bench Baseball approves of the Angels’ Danny Espinosa acquisition.
- Dan Grant of Same Page Team argues that the sky isn’t falling for the Blue Jays.
- Climbing Tal’s Hill suggests that the Astros’ rotation is in fine shape.
- 4 Philly Sports applauds the Phillies for avoiding big splashes in this year’s free agent class.
- MLB Reports (links here) names six teams the collective bargaining agreement will help and six it will hurt.
- Everything Bluebirds explores why Bautista, Edwin Encarnacion and Mark Trumbo are still on the free agent market
- BirdsWatcher advises the Orioles to sign Encarnacion.
- Call To The Pen looks at five possible corner infield targets for the Cardinals.
- CTTP also wonders if Rockies outfielder Charlie Blackmon could be a trade target for the Phillies.
- Pirates Breakdown asks if Pittsburgh is moving too slowly this offseason.
- Chin Music Baseball lists the 20 least powerful 20-home run hitters from 2016.
- Bronx Bomber Blogger has high hopes for Yankees outfield prospect Clint Frazier.
- Jays From the Couch is bullish on the Blue Jays’ signing of Kendrys Morales.
- The First Out At Third polls readers on who will be the Brewers’ Opening Day catcher.
- MLB 451 opines that Hall of Famer Ty Cobb’s poor reputation is undeserved.
- Yanks Go Yard evaluates a few of the Yankees’ in-house rotation candidates.
- Clutchlings offers an in-depth piece on Blue Jays Rule 5 pick Glenn Sparkman, a right-hander from the Royals.
- Notes From The Sally previews the 2017 Augusta GreenJackets, the Giants’ South Atlantic League affiliates.
- The Runner Sports (links here) profiles Astros outfield prospect Leo Heras and highly touted Athletics left-hander A.J. Puk.
- Wayniac Nation writes about Yankees relief prospect Giovanny Gallegos and his chances of cracking the big league roster next season.
- Jays Journal credits Toronto for bolstering its depth with minor league signings.
- LA Dodger Report meets former Dodgers outfielder/infielder Derrel Thomas.
Please send submissions to ZachBBWI @gmail.com.
Read more here:: mlbtraderumors.com