Baseball Blogs Weigh In: Sale, Eaton, Chapman, Hill, Sox, Yanks, Astros
By Connor Byrne
This week in baseball blogs…
- Big Three Sports and Off The Bench Baseball react to the blockbuster Chris Sale trade between the White Sox and Red Sox.
- Wayniac Nation criticizes the Nationals for the Adam Eaton trade and the Yankees for re-signing Aroldis Chapman.
- MLB Reports opines that the Dodgers will regret re-signing left-hander Rich Hill.
- Baseball Hot Corner recaps the busy Tuesday the Red Sox had at the winter meetings.
- The Runner Sports covers the Astros’ reunion with Carlos Beltran.
- Pinstriped Prospects chats with Trenton Thunder manager Bobby Mitchell about two of the prospects the Yankees lost in the Rule 5 draft.
- Inside the ‘Zona submits its offseason plan for the Diamondbacks.
- Outside Pitch MLB points to White Sox third baseman Todd Frazier as an ideal trade target for the Mets.
- The First Out At Third reviews this week’s Brewers-Red Sox trade.
- Jays From The Couch polls readers on whether the Blue Jays should trade right-hander Marcus Stroman to the Rockies for outfielder Charlie Blackmon.
- Yanks Go Yard looks back at the Yankees’ week at the winter meetings.
- The 3rd Man In proposes an Angels-Yankees trade centering on Mike Trout.
- The Point of Pittsburgh touches on a few Pirates subjects, including some optimistic rest-of-career comparables for center fielder Andrew McCutchen.
- Call To The Pen suggests the Phillies swing a trade for Mets outfielder Jay Bruce.
- MLB 451 praises the Diamondbacks for their low-cost signing of closer Fernando Rodney.
- Camden Depot explains that the Orioles’ rotation could be in for a serious shakeup a year from now.
- Die Hard NYY argues that the Yankees should re-sign free agent designated hitter Billy Butler.
- Pirates Breakdown laments the Bucs’ inability to win the battle between art and science.
- Chin Music Baseball lists the 19 most powerful who didn’t finish with at least 30 home runs last season.
- Astros County revisits the past few years’ ZiPS projections to show how much progress Houston has made.
- Jays Journal wonders where Dalton Pompey fits in the Blue Jays’ 2017 outfield plans.
- Clubhouse Corner interviews Allie Littell, the mother of Yankees prospect Zack Littell, about life as the parent of a professional baseball player.
- Baseball Hot Corner evaluates the tenures of all five commissioners in the Baseball Hall of Fame.
- Rotisserie Duck shares some of the information found in the 2017 Bill James Handbook.
Please send submissions to ZachBBWI @gmail.com.
Read more here:: mlbtraderumors.com